Wednesday, August 18, 2010

something in the way she moves

In our new space we have a very big white wall. When we came to see the place for the first time, I think the idea of having a projector showed up almost instantaneously when we walked up the stairs to the second floor living area and saw the immense vaulted ceilings.

We moved in. I started researching on craigslist, learning about brands, bulbs, weight, audible noise, and that for whatever reason the AE700U has a sharper picture than the AE900U, even though the latter is a more recent model.

One Saturday morning I woke up and was lolling around when it occurred to me to look on Ebay. Ach! an AE700U--for $200 less than I had seen it on craigslist. Free shipping! When does the auction end...? in 30 minutes. Shit! OK. OK. OK. drink tea. Calm down. Check bids: only one bid. OK. drink tea. Check newspaper headlines. Check bids. 9 minutes to go. then 5, then 2, then 45 seconds. I hit "enter" on my bid. Zam! Zamzam! Two other bidders come out of nowhere, just like me. But I won!

Wait for package... ... ... ... (!) ... ...

It arrives. All parts are present but the cord that goes from the computer to the projector: trip to Berkeley used computer store. And then:

Night. Projector fired. And this:



We watched it three times in silence. Our neighbor across the courtyard watched through his kitchen window into our kitchen window.

We showed it again at our second gathering on Sunday--the first video to inaugurate our Yumme drive in movie theater. After it played all the way through, the words showed up: "That happens every night."

That happens every night.

I keep thinking:


that

happens

E V E R Y

night

3 comments:

elizaBeth Benson said...

this is such a gorgeous gift--the conscious connection to every night made possible by youtube, craig's list, ebay and beautiful you. thank you for this and every other miracle driving into our shared, exploding sky of dreams.

Megan said...

Wow! Please tell me we can watch this on you projector during our last class!? Thank you. Sweet dreams.

Shona Bellew said...

"That happens every night." Ah. Thank you for saying that. I want to live in this kind of awareness all the time. But I usually don't. And need to be reminded. Miracles really do happen, every, every instant. And the lightshow overhead is a perfect mirror of the light how on the inside, all our atoms blinking on and off inside our veins. It's enough to make me just wander around like a drunk, bumping blissfully into walls. Oh life!